Sleeplessness, also known as insomnia, is a sleep disorder that can not only effect you falling asleep, but also staying asleep as long as you desire.
This can have serious adverse effects on your health, work & lifestyle.
You’re not alone – according Aviva, as many as 16 million UK adults are suffering sleepless nights as a third (31%) say they have insomnia.
More women than men – 54% of women agree that they don’t get the right amount of sleep compared to 41% of men.*
What are the main causes of insomia or lack of sleep?
- Work schedule or travel.
- Eating too late in the evening.
- Mental health disorders.
- Caffeine, nicotine and alcohol.
- Sleep-related disorders such as sleep apnea & restless leg syndrome.
- Changes in health.
- Changed in activity and lifestyle.
How can you prevent it?
- Stay active.
- Speak to your doctor about treatments.
- Limit daytime naps.
- Avoid large meals before bedtime.
- Create a relaxing bedtime ritual, such as taking a reading, listening to soft music or try a sleep meditation program.
We want to help!
From experience, we know how much of an effect a lack of sleep can have on your life & relationships. So we want to help by offering our new Vedas CBD Bedtime Teabags with Whole Plant Chamomile on a take out basis for just £1 after 6pm every weekday.
Find your nearest Vedas branch by clicking here.